Mes amis! I hope you're ready for a photographic tour of our trip because that's exactly what's about to happen... Stay tuned next week for the Paris video attempt!!
2. Giant painting at the Pompidou.
3. We may not have stepped inside of the Louvre, but it sure did look pretty from the outside.
4. Enjoying a King Falafel Palace falafel because L'as Du Fallafel was closed, and I wasn't about to leave the Marais without having sampled some falafel/fallafel. (In super controversial news, we went back another day and tried L'as Du Fallafel, and I must say that although they were both crazy delicious, I preferred King Falafel Palace! Hate mail?)
5. The Seine.
6. Galerie Salon, the best tiny store we ever stumbled upon (4 rue de Bourbon le Chateau) that carried Astier de Villatte. Matt got a tiny cup and bowl (see iPhone pic round up), and I got the most amazing incense.
7. The famous marionette theater in Luxembourg Gardens. Matt saw The Three Little Pigs. (I stayed outside and enjoyed the gardens, which brings us to our next photo...)
8. Seriously, do make it to Luxembourg Gardens if you're in Paris. It is the most exquisite park I've ever visited. (And bonus: it costs zero Euro!)
9. Piece of crepe.
10. Leave it to the Parisians to turn a median strip into something beautiful.
11. One of the few pictures of us together! (At Versailles.)
12. The famous Ladurée. (Look closely and you'll see evidence of their unexpected partnership with Hello Kitty.)
13. On day two, Matt thought he was ordering French fries and was brought this: an apple tarte with a side of ice cream. Whoooops.
14. Louis XIV. This guy greets you as you walk into Versailles. What a host!
15. In the back room of the original Rose Bakery.
16. The cakes at Rose Bakery.
17. Hall of awesome at Versailles.
18. Obligatory Paris shot; a photo from the Versailles gardens that although he took, Matt doesn't like because "It looks like a Cialis ad." And: even the street lights in Paris are pretty.
19: These pigeons across from our apartment were as big as soccer balls.
20. Scary fish at the market.
21. Fact: all the chimneys in Paris wear bonnets.
22. A mini iPhone photo round up.
p.s. Bon Appétempt was nominated for a Saveur food blog award (Best Food Humor)! Thanks so much to those of you who nominated this little operation. Voting goes through April 26th, so head on over and vote for your favorites!
I'll see you next week with the video!